Tuesday, February 12, 2013

White chocolate cranberry almond valentines day bread.....that's a mouthful!

With Valentines Day coming this week the kids and I have been doing the typical, making homemade valentines and baking cookies.  Last night I tried a recipe I had never used before from the one and only Betty Crocker.  I had great intentions of adapting the recipe to make it slightly healthier, but found myself too lazy to get the grinder out to make my own whole wheat pastry flour...so I followed the recipe.  They are fine, nothing to write home about.  That's probably better anyway because I can't have delicious sweets in the house without eating way more than I should!  My weakness is definitely  sugar and Diet Coke....probably the two most unhealthy things for you.  I am working on it, baby steps!

This Thursday I am baking up some delicious bread!  It's a whole wheat bread with white chocolate chunks, cranberries and slivered almonds.  YUM!  So, if you'd like some, let me know by tomorrow!




Here is another quilt I made for my niece when she was born.  I have been getting lots of questions about pricing for quilts.  I am working on it and will get it up ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment