Monday, February 4, 2013

Bread for sale!

Some of you have asked me "Hey can I buy some of your bread?"  I am pleased to say the answer is YES!  So here is how it will work...Thursdays are my baking days, so if you would like something please let me know by Wednesday morning so I can make sure that I have all necessary ingredients on hand.  Posts to my blog have unfortunately not been working :( so shoot me an email at carolinenierenhausen@gmail.com or Facebook me.  Loaves are $5 each and may vary slightly in size, but are the same weight.

So what do you get when you purchase a loaf of my fantabulous bread?  Primarily organic ingredients, flour that has been freshly milled, and bread that is totally free from any preservatives, dyes, or chemicals.  Which leads me to my next point....because there are only natural ingredients, this bread will not be soft and fluffy after sitting on your counter for a week.  Enjoy it as sandwich bread the first few days, and later as toast!

Honey Whole Wheat pictured above.

I also use some nuts in my breads and cannot guarantee that everything is nut free, so please be aware of this if you or someone in your home has a nut allergy.

Here is what's cookin' this week....Honey Whole Wheat, Cinnamon Raisin Whole Wheat, and High Fiber Cranberry Bread.

Honey Whole Wheat Ingredients:
Organic whole wheat flour, water, organic flax seeds, organic honey, sunflower oil, salt, yeast, egg wash, bran flakes.

Cinnamon Raisin Whole Wheat ingredients:
Organic whole wheat flour, water, organic rolled oats, organic honey, sunflower oil, raisins, ground cinnamon, salt, yeast, egg wash.

High Fiber Cranberry ingredients:
Organic whole wheat flour, water, organic flax seed, organic honey, dried cranberries,  organic millet, organic oat bran, organic sunflower seeds, organic wheat bran, yeast, salt, egg wash.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Caroline :) Do you always use organic ingredients? If so where do you purchase your organic supplies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bread looks yummy by the way and your quilts are beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Hey Alisia. Yes I use organic ingredients whenever possible, sometimes the dried fruit may not be, but the bulk of the bread is organic. I buy through azurestandard.com. They are a bulk, natural/organic supplier. The way it works is, you place your order online, and once a month a truck delivers your order ( along with others) at a designated drop point. My drop site is in St. Cloud. There may be one in Avon, but they would be able to tell you where the closest one is to you. Sometimes it is a little inconvenient because the truck may have a flat tire or hit bad roads and that delays the delivery. Orders are delivered once a month, there is no minimum order required or fee to join. The produce changes with the season too. You will have to register online to view pricing. I have always been happy with the produce that I have ordered. Check it out and if you have other questions let me know!

      Delete