Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My first quilt

 Here is a photo of my first quilt that I made for Matthias as a baby blanket!  It's nothing difficult or fancy but I loved the colors together and I did hand stitch the entire thing.


I am working on getting together pictures if everything I have made so please bear with me!  And for later on in the day I will be sharing with you a tasty recipe for my version of Nature Valley's Oats and Honey Crunchy Granola Bars.  Your kids will love them and they are packed full of whole grains and  fiber, plus they are delicious!

On the 20th of January I started the process for making a sour dough starter with wild yeast.  The process literally takes over a week to ferment the dough and allow the natural yeast to develop and grow.  Let me tell you, you get the best tasting bread when it has been given lots of time to develop its flavor, and these are some of my favorites to make because the result is soooo good.  Later today I will use some of it to make a yummy whole wheat bran bread...can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hand stitched....that's pretty incredible! I haven't been able to finish my first one on a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to do it! But I also have lots of unfinished projects. There are just not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete