Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A blanket for baby



I had someone come to me with a request, and a bag.  The request was for a baptism blanket, the bag....filled with scraps, left over from her daughters wedding dress alterations.  Immediately my mind started spinning with different ideas of what I could do.  So, I got to work designing something  I hoped they would love.

This starts with me scribbling out some different designs of different sizes, then I need to make sure that for design I have chosen, I have enough material to work with.  I knew when I started that there would have to be a portion of the quilts' material that was purchased from a store, but still wanted to use as much of the scraps as possible.  I knew that a 41/2inch square was the biggest piece I would get so that's where I started!

After lots of thought and some time it was finished!



Last night was the unveiling to the new parents and I think they were very surprised and really loved it!  One other thing I didn't mention, baby decided to come 6 weeks early and I hadn't even started yet!  But, I got it done and we laugh about it now.  This was a really fun project to work on and I hope this quilt is something special they will be able to pass down to future babies in their family.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful!! You do amazing work!! Thank you so much!

    Nick,Annie and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you guys like it. Nathan is such a beautiful baby!

      Delete