Monday, January 28, 2013

Here goes nothing...or maybe something!


Welcome to my blog featuring all things homemade and handmade!  I love making something out of nothing. Whether its taking scraps and creating a beautiful quilt or taking simple, natural ingredients and combining them to create a meal, a snack, or my favorite...BREAD!

Now, bread making might not be all that exciting to some of you because A) you either go to the store and buy it, or B) you make your own.  For me, learning to make and bake my own breads has gone through quite the evolutionary process.  There was a time that I vowed never to attempt to make bread AGAIN.  Time after time I ended up with something that looked like a hockey puck and tasted like cardboard.  But, with a little encouragement from my sister and an uncle who promised he really loved my bread I gave it another shot (and by another shot I really mean hundreds).  So, my family, friends, and neighbors have been eating lots of bread as I have created, and tried to perfect my recipes!  Finally, I feel as though they are top notch and ready to hit the marketplace!  (More on this in future blogs).

Time out for a huge thank you to my dear friend +Rachel Sogge for helping me choose a name: Caroline's Breads and Threads.  Thank you!

My other love, for things handmade, is quilting!  Call me old fashioned, but I love the design and creative process that goes into creating a beautiful quilt.  I began 5 years ago when I made a baby quilt for my son (Who is almost 6....:( ).  Since then I have made lots and enjoyed everyone.  My newest venture is making memory quilts.  Bring me your clothes, and I'll make you a quilt!  Baby clothes, clothes of a loved one who has passed away, uniforms of a loved one in service....I will be posting projects completed as well as those I am currently working on.

That's Breads and Threads in a nutshell!  I hope you enjoy reading and sharing in the things I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment