Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's been a while....but I've been busy!


I have so many projects in the works right now it was nice to be able to start and finish one all in the same day. My sister-in-law had some pillows she wanted recovered so that was my project for Saturday morning.  I think they turned out beautifully and now I have the itch to add pillows to every chair or bench in my house.

Here is another quilt that is almost completed.  I made it completely out of the clothing of my brother-in-law who passed away.  I think it will be a nice keepsake for my niece Hope to enjoy when she is older.

Someone contacted me about a quilt she saw on my blog.  She loved the pattern and sent me a picture of her decor so I could coordinate the colors.  I started with this: (these little babies are super fun to quilt with. They are called jelly rolls.  They are made up of 20-40 strips of coordinating fabrics.  I made these but they sell them at any quilt shop for about a dollar a strip, so $20-$40 a roll.)


(the blue roll will be used for a quilt for her son in the same pattern)

And now I have this:

I still need to add a border or two and then quilt it.

As you can see, I have a lot of work to do!  So, I had better hop to it while the girls are asleep and the boys are gone.  Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your work!! The quilt you put together of your brother in law's shirts turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete